Help advance the animal health industry by becoming part of Medgene’s world-class Immunological Services team!
Medgene Labs provides livestock producers and their veterinarians with highly targeted vaccines and immunological services. Headquartered in Brookings, South Dakota, the company is located in one of the country’s leading livestock production centers; there’s no better place to launch products and services that are improving the animal health industry!
Medgene Labs is the first and only animal vaccine production facility in South Dakota to be licensed by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Medgene is recognized internationally and has been awarded research grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for production of vaccines against Foreign Animal Diseases (FAD).
Medgene Labs employs a team of highly trained and expert professionals who specialize in research, development and vaccine production.
The following positions are currently available at Medgene:
1. Senior Scientist
• Senior Scientist
Medgene Labs is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on and creative Senior Scientist to join the R&D team! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and cross-functional team innovating for the animal health industry. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in project management and molecular biology. He/she will have experience interfacing with cross-functional teams including bioinformatics, data analysis, and manufacturing. The successful candidate will also be able to thrive in fast-paced, multidisciplinary environments.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage research and development activities
- Perform sequence analysis and selection across multiple species and diseases
- Gene sequence codon optimization
- Perform and optimize vector design
- Support plasmid scale up and purification
- Perform and train on ligation reactions
- Understanding and perform Cell Culture with varying cell lines
- Perform expression system performance and protein production
- Protein scale up and purification
- M.S./Ph.D. degree or equivalent experience in molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering, or closely related field.
- Solid wet-lab skills, a firm understanding of molecular biology techniques, including PCR, qPCR, DNA extraction, purification, ligation, and sequencing.
- Interdisciplinary technical background preferred.
- Practical understanding of laboratory quality control procedures and statistical methods
- Highly motivated individual with great work ethics.
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to clearly and accurately convey project reports and progress
Job Location: Brookings, SD
Qualified candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to Tom Halbur, VP of Operations, by clicking here
The successful candidate will (but not limited to):
- Successfully manage existing and new client relationships as assigned
- Understand client needs and how Medgene can serve them
- Understand client success metrics and how Medgene can fulfill them
- Professionally represent Medgene at trade and industry events
- Successfully perform appropriate animal and laboratory procedures as needed
- Lead and direct work of others as needed or directed
- Initiate and produce new protocols for field experiments (for new products)
- Comply-with and maintain all company and federal guidelines
- Manage and plan animal studies
- Assist or co-author grant and new business proposals
- DVM required
- 3-5 years laboratory experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and take on challenges in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to travel – up to 50% of the time – to designated events and meetings required
- Experience in swine, bovine and/or deer health preferred
Job Location: Brookings, SD
Qualified candidates, please submit cover letter and resume to Carrie Dieters by clicking here
©2019 VST LLC dba Medgene Labs – all rights reserved